Following the trip to Wake Forest, my meds got bumped majorly. Instead of a Cytoxan pill, 10 steroids and a shot in the belly every Tuesday, I am now getting a Revlimid every day, 10 steroids on Tuesday and an IV drip on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Because Revlimid is a derivative of Thalidomide, I am not allowed to have unprotected sex with fertile women so there goes that hobby. (The risk of doing it, other than getting belted by Susan, has never been proven.) What better way to test the safety of your meds than buggering off out of wi-fi range to England for a week. It turned out that more of England is out of wi-fi range than anticipated - for example, my wi-fi gave up somewhere between the free connection at Starbucks on Exeter St Davids station and the free wi-fi on the train on platform 5 and didn't kick in again until I reached Heathrow 2 days later (via an overnight in Paddington the train wasn't that late). I took the Revlimid & steroids with me but ...
Comments
Post a Comment